Compassionate Family Law Representation

Divorce and family law matters can be emotionally charged and confusing. At Caldwell & Kearns, P.C., we will guide you through your divorce, child custody or other family law matter, looking out for your best interests while seeking workable solutions.

Contact our Harrisburg law firm at 717-743-1682 to arrange a consultation. We represent individuals in family court proceedings and negotiated agreements in Dauphin, Cumberland, York, Lancaster, Franklin, Lebanon and Perry counties.

Solutions In Family Law Cases

The attorneys of Caldwell & Kearns, P.C., provide compassionate counsel and cost-effective representation. We seek out-of-court resolutions whenever possible. Even in contested proceedings, we promote your interests without needlessly escalating litigation. We handle all issues of Pennsylvania family law, including enforcing property distribution, custody and support orders:

  • Divorce and asset division — We will make an accurate valuation and creatively negotiate to produce a fair division of property.
  • Child custody disputes — We help our clients find workable parenting plans that keep both parents involved in the child's life.
  • Child support — We can assist our clients with the following:
    • Verifying the other parent's income for accurate determination of support (e.g., a self-employed ex-spouse).
    • Modifying child support due to a substantial change in economic circumstances (job loss/increased income) or the needs of the child (child care expenses, health insurance, special education costs, preference to live with the other parent)
    • Enforcing unpaid child support.
  • Adoptions — We represent parties in all adoption proceedings, both open and private; review of adoption agreements; and formal adoption of a stepchild.
  • Termination of parental rights — We represent individuals seeking to terminate an absent or abusive parent's rights (contested or uncontested).
  • Grandparents' rights — If grandparents have essentially raised a child or provided substantial care, or if they have assumed the role and responsibilities of the child's parent, such as when the child's parent dies or is deemed unfit, they can petition for custody. Grandparents can also seek visitation rights if they had a positive, ongoing relationship and were cut off or separated from the child.
  • Paternity — We can arrange DNA testing to prove parentage and file petitions for a mother seeking child support, or a father seeking to establish custody/visitation.
  • Name changes — If you are seeking a name change (e.g., divorce, adoption or for other personal reasons), we can help satisfy the court's requirements, file the appropriate forms and guide you through the process.

Contact Us

Our divorce lawyers bring experience and compassion to your legal situation. Contact our Harrisburg office to arrange a consultation. We are conveniently located off I-81 on Front Street. Free off-street parking is available.