Experienced and Trusted Lawyers in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania — Serving Central Pennsylvania Since 1928
The law firm of Caldwell & Kearns, P.C. is committed to building close relationships with its clients. We have earned the trust of business owners, professionals and other clients through a proven record of astute legal counsel and strong legal advocacy.
Contact our experienced and trusted attorneys in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, online or call us at 717-743-1682. Our attorneys have the focused knowledge to address your legal matter; read on to find out about our capabilities.
Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, Real Estate Attorneys
Real Estate Law is a major focus of our firm. Our attorneys have decades of experience in all aspects of commercial and residential property law.
- Commercial real estate — We represent developers, builders, buyers, sellers, owners and tenants in land acquisition and development, transactions, leases and contracts.
- Title insurance — We protect your interests in property purchases. We can also handle every aspect of your residential or commercial closing.
- Real estate litigation — We represent plaintiffs and defendants in breaches of contract, property disputes, ownership litigation and other contested matters.
- Land use and development — We help developers clear regulatory barriers and represent businesses and homeowners in land use matters.
- Condominiums and planned communities — We help developers prepare covenants, conditions and restrictions. We also help draft rules and by-laws and prepare public offering statements.
- Construction law litigation — We represent developers, contractors and subcontractors when disputes arise in the course of a construction project.
- Criminal defense — We defend clients charged with drunk driving, drug crimes, traffic offenses, assault, theft and other crimes. We can also assist with driver's licensing issues that often go hand-in-hand with traffic offenses.
- DUI/drunk driving — We are skilled at challenging the evidence used to make a DUI arrest, including the use of blood alcohol content (BAC) tests, Breathalyzer tests and more.
Domestic and Family Law
- Divorce and property division — We aim for negotiated settlements of marital assets and alimony, but litigate when necessary to secure your fair share.
- Child custody and visitation — We focus on the best interests of your children and on workable parenting agreements that reduce future disputes and litigation.
- Pennsylvania Child Support Law — We handle child support modifications and enforcements, grandparent rights, paternity issues, adoptions and all of the related matters.
- Wills, trusts and estate planning — We can help you plan for your future through various estate planning tools, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, guardianships and more.
- Elder law — The elderly have specific legal needs. We can help you address your legal needs or those of a loved one in regard to financial protection, asset planning and health care.
Broker and Agent Law is also one of our core strengths. Our lawyers represent real estate professionals in Dauphin County, Cumberland County, Perry County and York County, throughout central Pennsylvania and statewide.
- Brokerage startup and licensing — We attend to the unique issues involved in forming a real estate brokerage, and handle all the details from setting up your business structure, to licensing the broker, to helping your salespeople properly complete their licensing applications.
- Brokerage compliance issues — Our business law attorneys will meet with brokers and help prepare office policies and procedures to help brokers comply with the complex and changing federal, state and local regulations.
- Professional license defense — We fight to protect the licenses of brokers and sales agents, and represent certified appraisers in state disciplinary proceedings.
- Commercial broker liens — A commercial broker lien is one way to protect your commission in a commercial transaction. We can advise when a commercial broker lien is appropriate and can help you meet the technical requirements for preparing and filing a claim.
- Agent/broker E&O defense — We are approved by most insurers to defend real estate brokers and agents when they get sued for failure to disclose claims, negligence or other professional liability claims.
Commercial and Business Law
- Business startup and corporate formation — Our business law attorneys assist entrepreneurs or restructuring companies in entity selection, agreements and compliance issues.
- Business counsel and litigation — We provide ongoing advice to small businesses to help them avoid legal trouble, and strong representation when disputes flare up.
- ADR/mediation — We are able to act as neutral mediators of your business and commercial disputes.
- Association law — We provide savvy representation to your association, including counsel on policy and federal and state law compliance.
Other Areas of Practice
Our attorneys bring extensive experience in many additional areas of the law, including municipal law, school law, personal injury, legal malpractice, business law, transaction disputes and more. We strive to handle any personal legal needs of our business and professional clients. If we don't have the in-house expertise, we can tap a network of trusted and capable attorneys in specific fields.
Contact our Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, real estate attorneys at Caldwell & Kearns online or call 717-743-1682 to arrange a consultation. We welcome client referrals from other law firms in real estate and brokerage matters.