At Caldwell & Kearns, P.C., broker and agent law is one of our core strengths. Our lawyers represent real estate professionals throughout central Pennsylvania and statewide. We provide the representation brokers, agents and other real estate professionals need in a range of broker and agent legal matters, including:
- Brokerage startup and licensing — We attend to the unique issues involved in forming a real estate brokerage, and handle all the details from setting up your business structure to licensing the broker to helping your salespeople properly complete their licensing applications.
- Brokerage mergers and acquisitions — Our real estate attorneys are well-versed in the combination of business and regulatory issues that are unique to merging real estate brokerages. From developing the appropriate corporate structure to assisting with licensing requirements, our experienced attorneys can guide you through the process.
- Brokerage compliance issues — Our business law attorneys will meet with brokers and help prepare office policies and procedures to help brokers comply with the complex and changing federal, state and local regulations.
- Professional license defense — We fight to protect the licenses of brokers and sales agents, and represent certified appraisers in state disciplinary proceedings.
- Commercial broker liens — A commercial broker lien is one way to protect your commission in a commercial transaction. We can advise when a commercial broker lien is appropriate and can help you meet the technical requirements for preparing and filing a claim.
- Agent/broker E&O defense — We are approved by most insurers to defend real estate brokers and agents when they get sued for failure to disclose claims, negligence or other professional liability claims.
Our clients appreciate that the firepower associated with the larger firms of downtown Philadelphia is available here in Harrisburg.
Learn more about the counsel we provide by scheduling an initial consultation. Complete our contact form or call 717-743-1682 to learn more.